But shoppers can start getting deals today, with new sales launching every day for the next two weeks. The online giant also launched its Happy School Year store today selling back-to-school items.
»RELATED: Sunny skies give Xenia hero chance to reach 9.1 G’s in Thunderbird F-16
Here’s how to get discounts in addition to the sales:
- Spend $10 at Whole Foods Market between July 3 and July 16 for a $10 credit to be used on Prime Day
- Download and log into the Amazon app for the first time and get a $10 credit. Make your first in-app purchase for another $10 credit
- Earn a $10 credit for reloading an Amazon gift card with $100 or more
- Install Amazon Assistant for desktop notifications on deals and get $10 off a $50 order
»RELATED: Crowds heavy both days as Air Show avoids rain
Other retailers are expected to host major sales in coordination with the online shopping holiday. Target held its largest one-day sale ever during the Prime Day period last year. eBay and Newegg also hosted major sales during the day in 2018.
FIVE FAST READS
• Farmers remain optimistic as local congressmen request more aid
• Downtown business moves to Oregon District with new services
• CONFIRMED: Dorothy Lane opening Killer Brownie manufacturing facility
• Big Sandy opening first area store in former Elder-Beerman furniture