This newspaper previously reported 120 BCBG stores would close in the U.S., and the company just announced it will also close freestanding stores in Canada and consolidate its operations in Europe and Japan.
» RELATED:5 retailers closing Ohio stores in 2017
The only store impacted in Ohio currently is the outlet store in Monroe. All other BCBG stores will remain open as now. The BCBG location at the Tanger Outlets in Jeffersonville closed in June, according to a spokesman for the outlet mall.
“We expect to maintain the personalized level of customer service to our customers at each of our in-store boutiques, stand-alone retail stores, and online platform throughout this process,” Staff said.
During the bankruptcy process, the company will continue to buy goods and sell products to its customer base. BCBG is just one of many retailers to announce store closures in 2017. The Limited shut down all brick-and-mortar locations, including local stores, and also filed for bankruptcy. Macy’s, Sears, Kmart and Ann Taylor will also cut select locations.
FIVE FAST READS
• New Elder-Beerman shops opening in Dayton
• Low-cost air carrier offers $65 trip to Europe
• Parent company of T.J. Maxx , HomeGoods to open new home store
• Wendy's to add self-ordering kiosks in Ohio stores this year
• Jewelry store to open at Town & Country in Kettering