Cabela’s is headquartered in Nebraska, and it is not immediately apparent how jobs will be impacted by the acquisition. Cabela’s has been open for 55 years, and has 85 specialty retail stores in the U.S. and Canada.
As part of the original deal, Capital One will also take over Cabela's credit card unit. The deal is backed by $1.8 billion from Goldman Sachs, and another $600 million in financing from Pamplona Capital, a private equity fund.
Cabela’s has a location in Centerville at 5500 Cornerstone North Blvd., and a Bass Pro Shop is located at 300 Cincinnati Mills Road in Forest Fair.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
FIVE QUICK BUSINESS READS:
• INSIDE LOOK: Dayton mansion on sale for nearly $1M
• Mikesell's recalling chips for possible Salmonella contamination
• GoKeyless company moving operations to Miamisburg
• Store closures make gift cards risky to buy
• 5 things to know about The Limited closing local stores