• The cause of the upward movement can be attributed to the federal tax reform.
• The cost of health care and attracting quality talent remain the top concerns of business leaders.
RELATED: U.S. stocks rally: Will market continue climb?
• Seventy-four percent of leaders say they are optimistic about the immediate future of their business.
• Government regulations remain a concern, especially in transportation, and particularly with the mandate for federal electronic logging devices.
• The foundation asked leaders what incentives they offer employees for retention: 45 percent give cash bonuses, 19 percent offer flexible scheduling, 16 percent plan special events and 12 percent award extra days off.
RELATED: Canadian manufacturer buys Vandalia site, plans 50 jobs
The survey was conducted between Dec. 30 2017 and Jan. 19, 2018 and over 400 responses were received.