Jake’s isn’t named after anyone in particular, Bettman said. When the company was coming up with a name for the retailer, they figured no one has ever met a person named Jake that they didn’t like.
Now, the brand is represented by the Bettman’s newest member of the family — a golden doodle puppy named Jake. Jake “The Tog Dog” Bettman even has his own Instagram account now, and visits local stores as the new mascot of the retailer.
Launched in 2015, Jake’s Toggery has locations at The Greene, the Liberty Center in Liberty Twp. and Polaris Fashion Place in Columbus. The retailer is doing a soft launch of its e-commerce site during the holiday season, and will also launch its own clothing brand in mid-2018.
The location at The Greene is also getting a face-lift and moving to a retail space between the Apple Store and Bath & Body Works.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• 5 ways local communities gave back during Breast Cancer Awareness Month
• Robots have invaded Walmart: 5 things you need to know
• Miamisburg company to close facility, lay off 54 workers
• Major changes are happening at local airports: What’s really going on?
• Target to offer free online shipping in November on all orders