The app is another step to help Dorothy Lane stay competitive in the changing grocery store industry. Local grocery stores and chains like Kroger and Meijer have been adding new features to ensure convenience for customers.
» RELATED: Meijer adds home delivery services in Dayton, Cincinnati
Kroger has expanded its ClickList curbside pick-up services to most locations in the region, while Meijer launched its home delivery services in Cincinnati and Dayton in April.
ALDI has also added locations in the region, including a store that opened in Beavercreek in November 2016. German grocery chain Lidl will also build its first location in the region in Beavercreek near the ALDI store. The changes come as Amazon’s purchase of Whole Foods Market adds competition in the industry.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• UberEATS launches food delivery services in Dayton
• Dayton retailer brings Southern culture to Ohio
• 5 ways local communities gave back during Breast Cancer Awareness Month
• Robots have invaded Walmart: 5 things you need to know
• Target to offer free online shipping in November on all orders