Dunkin’ Donuts is thinking about dropping the “Donuts” from its name for good.
The coffee and doughnut chain could be distancing itself from its sugary start — veering away from marketing its stores as doughnut shops. The chain opened a new location in Pasadena, California, and simply called it Dunkin’, according to CBS News. A few other stores will get the name change too, according to Dunkin’ Brands Inc.
» RELATED: Want to see the solar eclipse? Head to these 10 cities for best views
The chain wants consumers to think of the brand as a coffee destination, even though it will continue to sell donuts, CBS reported. News of the name -hange concept was first reported by Nation's Restaurant News.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Centerville Cabela's offering shotgun giveaway for fall season
• Want to see the solar eclipse? Head to these 10 cities for best views
• WATCH: Here's how Amazon delivers your packages so quickly
• Graeter's introduces new ice cream, expands Chunky Chunk Hippo flavor
• 5 things to know about Dayton's first At Home store location
About the Author