Here are the basic requirements to be certified under the city’s program:
1. All companies must meet Small Business Enterprise rules.
2. The owner’s maximum personal net worth cannot exceed $750,000.
3. There must be fewer than 100 employees.
4. The Minority Business Enterprise certification requires 51% ownership by individuals who are African-American, Black American, Hispanic American, Asian American or Native American
5. The Women’s Business Enterprise certification requires that ownership be least 51 percent female.
6. The Dayton Local Small Business certification requires companies to be located in Dayton and meets annual gross receipts limits.
For more information see the Dayton Human Relations council website or call 937-333-1413.
Other stories by Lynn Hulsey
Meet the 66 top employers in the Dayton region. How big are they?
Trucking industry must overcome challenges to continue growth
How the next recession could affect Dayton
Here’s how local companies use artificial intelligence right now
‘Magnet for high tech:’ How research drives Wright-Patt’s $15.5B impact