Bon-Ton employs about 24,000 people. The company operates roughly 250 stores in 23 states under the Bon-Ton, Bergner’s, Boston Store, Carson’s, Elder-Beerman, Herberger’s and Younkers brands.
» CONTINUED COVERAGE: 5 retailers closing stores in Ohio this year
Most Elder-Beerman stores are located within local malls, so closures would have a detrimental effect on multiple shopping centers. Elder-Beerman has stores in Piqua, Huber Heights, the Mall at Fairfield Commons in Beavercreek, the Kettering Towne Center, among others in Ohio. The stores employ hundreds of workers in the region.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• No retail apocalypse for these companies: 5 retailers opening stores in 2018
• Franco's Ristorante Italiano owner dies
• Former DP&L power plants to lay off 370 workers in Ohio
• Amazon looking to buy abandoned Toys 'R' Us storefronts
• Check out this $1 million home for sale in Clearcreek Twp.