A company will close two plants and lay off approximately 93 workers in Springboro and Centerville, according to notice sent to state officials.
MCM Electronics Inc. will lay off employees at its corporate office located at 650 Congress Park Drive in Centerville, and at its distribution center located at 405 S. Pioneer Blvd. in Springboro. Both facilities will also close, according to a WARN notice sent to the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
» RELATED: Starbucks to close all 379 Teavana locations, including local stores
MCM Electronics is a Springboro-based electronics distributor, which carries a selection of more than 300,000 electronics like 3-D printers and prototyping boards. MCM also sells security equipments, tools, wire, cable and other items, according to its website.
The layoffs are expected to begin on Sept. 30 and continue through Dec. 31, according to the letter. The impacted employees are not represented by any union.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS STORIES
• After nearly 40 years, Kettering women's clothing boutique to close
• Dill pickle pretzels? Auntie Anne's choosing next pretzel flavor
• First Financial Bank merges with MainSource Bank in Ohio, other states
• Old-fashioned candy shop to open in heart of Oakwood
• Second norovirus case confirmed amid Chipotle food scare