“By taking the best of both banks, we believe that the combined company will be even more effective in meeting the lending, economic development and financial education needs of the communities we serve,” said Claude Davis, chief executive officer of First Financial.
Davis will transition into the role of executive chairman and Archie Brown will serve as president and chief executive officer of the merged entity.
The transaction is expected to close in early 2018, pending the approval of shareholders of both First Financial and MainSource and regulatory approvals. The combined company will operate as First Financial and its headquarters will be located in Cincinnati.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Chipotle food scare highlights issue that impacts thousands annually
• Bacon craze causes rise in pork-belly prices
• One of Dayton's oldest companies turns 125 years old
• Discount retailer to reopen in Beavercreek
• Swedish clothing retailer to open at local outlet mall