2. What kind of school supplies qualify?
School supplies include only the following items: binders; book bags; calculators; cellophane tape; blackboard chalk; compasses; composition books; crayons; erasers; folders (expandable, pocket, plastic, and manila); glue, paste, and paste sticks; highlighters; index cards; index card boxes; legal pads; lunch boxes; markers; notebooks; paper; loose leaf ruled notebook paper, copy paper, graph paper, tracing paper, manila paper, colored paper, poster board, and construction paper; pencil boxes and other school supply boxes; pencil sharpeners; pencils; pens; protractors; rulers; scissors; and writing tablets.
» RELATED: Before Ohio’s sales tax holiday, retailers push back-to-school sales
3. What items quality as “school instructional material?”
“School instructional material” includes only the following items: reference books, reference maps and globes, textbooks, and workbooks.
Learn more here.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Bush Brothers & Co. recalls baked beans cans
• Amazon to hire for more than 50,000 jobs this week, including in Ohio
• Original Max & Erma's restaurant to close in Ohio
• Electronics company to lay off 93 workers in Centerville, Springboro
• Starbucks to close all 379 Teavana locations, including local stores