• COMPANY INVOLVEMENT: Several companies and corporations have sponsored International Women's Day. The main sponsors include: Pepsico, Avon, Caterpillar, MetLife, Western Union, BP and European Bank.
• REPRESENTATION: Women make up 51 percent of the U.S. population and account for 47 percent of the U.S. labor force, but are often underrepresented on boards and in other leadership positions. "In the U.S., women account for 19.8% of the board seats held at S&P Fortune 500 financial firms. That number has stagnated in spite of significant efforts to promote gender equality and investments in programs to advance the careers of women," according to data from CIT Bank.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• New travel, insurance center opens in Beavercreek
• 5 things to know about drinking water and lead pipes in Dayton
• Wapakoneta residents voice concern over greenhouse lighting
• Dog food, cheese, butter: 3 recalls to know about today
• hhgregg closing 4 Ohio locations, including area store