RELATED: Macy’s to close 68 stores
The company said eligible associates will receive severance and have the opportunity to apply for open positions at other locations. Liquidation sales will begin in early January, according to the company.
Two Kmart locations, Indian Ripple in Beavercreek and Woodman Drive in Dayton, remain in the Dayton area.
Impacted Ohio locations include:
• KMART: 1500 Coshocton Ave., Mount Vernon, Ohio
• KMART: 185 Upper River Road, Gallipolis, Ohio
• KMART: 1005 East Columbus St., Kenton, Ohio
• KMART: 225 West Avenue, New Boston, Ohio
• KMART: I-70 & Mall Road, St. Clairsville, Ohio
• KMART: 3515 N. Maple Ave., Zanesville, Ohio
• KMART: 1284 Brice Road, Reynoldsburg, Ohio
• SEARS: 2000 Brittain Road, Akron, Ohio
• SEARS: 1075 N. Bridge St., Chillicothe, Ohio
• SEARS: 1701 River Valley Circle S, Lancaster, Ohio
• SEARS: Richmond Mall, Richmond Heights, Ohio
Other chain retailers including Macy’s and The Limited have also closed locations across Ohio. Experts expect the closings to continue in 2017 as retailers bring in less revenue through brick-and-mortar stores.
SOCIAL MEDIA: FOLLOW REPORTER KARA DRISCOLL ON TWITTER
In the region, three locations of The Limited women’s clothing store were closed permanently the last week of December. Hoards of shoppers snagged 90 percent off deals on Limited merchandise at The Greene Town Center in Beavercreek and Tri-County Mall in Cincinnati following the announcement. The Limited at the Liberty Center further south closed quietly on Dec. 21.
WANT MORE BUSINESS NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FREE, DAILY NEWSLETTER
Macy’s also identified 68 locations earlier this week that will close in early 2017, including three stores in Ohio.
FIVE QUICK BUSINESS READS:
» Rollandia Golf Course to remain open through summer
» Is your job on the list? 10 jobs most likely to disappear
» After Southwest departure, what's next for Dayton airport?
» CLOSING: Women's clothing retailer to close at The Greene
» Morris Furniture to expand with three stores outside Dayton