Kroger and its subsidiaries will now offer associates an employee education benefit of up to $3,500 annually ($21,000 over the course of employment) toward continuing education and development opportunities including a high school equivalency exam, professional certifications and advanced degrees.
» WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: 11 questions answered about the future of Kroger
Under the new benefit, Kroger expects to increase by five times its total annual investment in employee education. And in addition to a more generous individual and lifetime benefit, Feed Your Future will now cover full- and part-time associates following six months of employment.
Kroger and its subsidiaries will increase the company match in the 401(k) Plan to 5 percent of pay, compared to a 4 percent match currently.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• You won't believe the inside of this INCREDIBLE Oakwood house
• Billionaire submits bid to save Toys 'R' Us
• No retail apocalypse for these companies: 5 retailers opening stores in 2018
• Franco's Ristorante Italiano owner dies
• Former DP&L power plants to lay off 370 workers in Ohio