The convenience stores include: Kwik Shop, Quik Stop, Loaf 'N Jug, Tom Thumb and Turkey Hill. Kroger announced in October 2017 its intention to explore strategic alternatives for its convenience store business, including a potential sale, in conjunction with Restock Kroger.
"Our convenience store business has been a part of our company for many years. We want to thank our management team and associates for their enduring commitment to our customers, and for the contributions they have made to build our supermarket fuel business," said Mike Schlotman, Kroger's executive vice president and chief financial officer.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Move over, bitcoin. GE researching blockchain technology
• Elder-Beerman parent company says 60+ stores could close under plan
• Kroger reportedly had development talks with Alibaba
• German grocery chain Lidl halts plans to open local store
• Bitcoin prices are plunging. What's really going on with cryptocurrency?