» RELATED: Opening date set for new area Kroger
Kate’s Plate offers local, organic food prepared and delivered to customers’ doors in time for dinner. She said the model works for people who want to eat healthy, fresh food from local Dayton sources. Two-portion meals are $16 per person, and four-portion meals are $14 per person. Customers can order meals like spicy black bean burgers, avocado BLT salad, carnitas street tacos and cauliflower rice summer skillet.
“Every week, we deliver or you can pick it up locally,” she said. “My whole entire goal is to make it easier to eat well and fresh. And if delivery makes it easier for people do that, then that’s the model we’ll use.”
Though increased competition has grocery stores jumping at the next trend, Kennard said each service offers something for different customers.
“There will be options for everyone,” she said. “We don’t provide frozen meals. I can direct them to someone who does do frozen meals, and there are other services for someone who wants to learn fully how to cook. We have a special niche, and I’m excited to see where everything goes.”
Learn more about Kate's Plate.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• At Home to open first area location in Beavercreek
• Oakwood graduate to open boutique in former Weber Jewelers location
• What regional airport has the best deals? Airfare gets cheaper locally
• Bed, Bath & Beyond and Buy Buy Baby closer to opening in Sugarcreek Twp.
• Shopping center in Greene County sold for $2.3M