» MUST-READ RETAIL NEWS: Will Macy’s become a discount store? Retailer shares grim sales report
This would be the first Backstage concept in Ohio. The chain has outlets in Alabama, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin.
This news organization has reached out to a Macy’s spokeswoman for more information about the project.
In January, the company announced the closure of 11 Macy's stores — including one in downtown Cincinnati. It's part of the retailer's plan to close approximately 100 stores, which was announced back in August 2016.
The following Macy's stores will be closing in early 2018. In most cases, clearance sales started Jan. 8 and run for approximately 8 to 12 weeks. Macy's has closed a total of 124 stores since 2015.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Check out this $1 million home for sale in Clearcreek Twp.
• Tyra Patterson: Every day is a second chance
• Kroger sells off convenience store business for $2.15B
• Bass Pro Shops offering buyouts to Cabela's employees
• Move over, bitcoin. GE researching blockchain technology