3. MANN PACKING The original supplier of the recalled vegetables is Mann Packing. The company conducted a nationwide recall of various cut vegetables due to a report that the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's random sampling found a single positive result for Listeria monocytogeneson a Mann Packing Power Blend bagged salad product.
4. IMPACT No illnesses related to the recall have been reported. Consumption of food contaminated with L. monocytogenes can cause Listeria, a serious infection that primarily affects older adults, persons with weakened immune systems, and pregnant women and their newborns.
5. BRANDS ISSUE RECALLS Other businesses and products impacted by the recall include: Paragon Wholesale Foods Corp. brand Just Cut, Charlie's Produce Alaska Carrot, Whole Foods Market, Albertsons, Safeway Vons, Pak'N Save and Mann's.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Auntie Anne’s adds 2 new limited time pretzel flavors
• STORE CLOSINGS: 75 retailers expected to close on Thanksgiving
• New hair salon, spa opens in Centerville
• 4 restaurants, retailers coming to vacant Logan’s Roadhouse
• 2 popular retailers open in Sugarcreek Twp.