Nervous travelers will now be able to pet and play with miniature therapy horses at a local Ohio airport.
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport is bringing mini therapy horses decked out in Derby attire this weekend during the 143rd Kentucky Derby. Seven Oaks Farm Miniature Therapy Horses work to "provide mobile therapeutic services to children and adults through equine-assisted activities leading to positive mental, emotional and physical benefits."
» RELATED: Amazon to add 2,700 jobs at Cincinnati airport
The horses will be at the airport from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday. The program launched last year, and the horses will visit the main terminal to greet passengers.
» RELATED: Butler County’s tiny horses bring big fun at nursing homes, airport
The airport said the therapy horses are part of CVG’s push to make travel a positive experience. The horses will now visit the airport twice a month, and future dates and times will be announced at a later time.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• To combat retail apocalypse, local malls push for shopping innovation
• Dayton to celebrate $4 million River Run with music, community bash
• New store at The Greene to have baby piglets at grand opening
• Miamisburg candy store now selling pickle juice soda
• Waffle House co-founder dies a month after business partner
About the Author