» RELATED: All Kroger stores in Dayton area now offering free fruit for kids
Kroger already has a major presence in the Miami Valley with more than 8,100 employees in the region, 44 supermarkets, 12 locations with ClickList services and another 10 locations with Starbucks services.
In June, the Cincinnati-based grocery retailer opened its newest location in the Cornerstone of Centerville development. The 115,000-square-foot store created 500 jobs during the construction phase of the new location, and up to 300 jobs were created to staff the store.
» RELATED: 5 things we learned about Kroger’s future in the region
» RELATED: Construction to start on new Fairborn Kroger in fall
» RELATED: Kroger to create 600 jobs with new Dayton-area stores
The grocery retailer chose to close a smaller Kroger store in Kettering at 2100 E. Whipp Road in favor of building the larger store in the new development.
Nationwide, Kroger grew its workforce by more than 12,000 associates last year, and announced earlier this year that it would look to hire an estimated 10,000 permanent positions in its supermarket divisions.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Centerville Cabela's offering shotgun giveaway for fall season
• Want to see the solar eclipse? Head to these 10 cities for best views
• WATCH: Here's how Amazon delivers your packages so quickly
• Graeter's introduces new ice cream, expands Chunky Chunk Hippo flavor
• 5 things to know about Dayton's first At Home store location