There are 124 other stores and 22 outlet locations in 18 states.
The Toys “R” Us real estate was sold earlier this year to Waterstone Miamisburg LLC. The toy retailer voluntarily filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in September 2017 before closing all 180 stores including the Miamisburg location and another in Beavercreek in June 2018.
»BIZ BEAT: Big Lots giving discounts up to $250 this weekend
Another furniture store, Fairfield-based Furniture Fair is expected to open soon at the Beavercreek Toys “R” Us.
Furniture stores have been taking over the Dayton area in recent months. Big Sandy Superstore recently opened a pop-up store at the Dayton Mall as it waits for work to finish on the former Elder-Beerman Furniture store before the end of the year.
Indiana-based The Room Place is also opening stores at the Dayton Mall and Mall at Fairfield Commons.
FIVE FAST READS
• Local Forever 21 store on list that could close in bankruptcy filing
• 5 things to know about new driver’s license requirement to get on a plane
• Magic Castle making large investment in entertainment center
• Local Gordman’s stores looking for seasonal workers
• JCPenney needs workers to meet holiday demand