» RELATED: IKEA to hire 250 workers for new Ohio location
These in-store shops deliver customers a hometown shopping experience that reflects tastes and preferences of its local communities. From September through December, shop sales more than doubled company projections.
Bon-Ton, the owner of Elder-Beerman, will open more than 100 more shops this year. The retailer also announced its first “Close to Home” online sourcing fair, inviting local makers, artisans and entrepreneurs with established businesses or galleries to apply online to have their products included in a shop.
Submissions are being accepted through March 24.
The Bon-Ton Stores, with corporate headquarters in York, Penn. and Milwaukee, Wis., operates 267 stores, which includes nine furniture galleries and four clearance centers.
FIVE QUICK BUSINESS READS
• GROCERY WARS: 5 things to know about the Dayton grocery market
• Pet food with potential contaminant recalled in Ohio
• Is Macy's sale imminent? Canadian company reportedly approaches company
• Dayton ranks in Top 100 best place to live in U.S.
• One of the largest U.S. greenhouse farms to open soon north of Dayton