1. Will I be able to return Cabela’s purchases to Bass Pro Shops locations and vice versa?
Yes, Cabela’s purchases can be returned to our customer service counters at Bass Pro Shops and vice versa or by contacting our online customer service centers.
2. Will the company’s name change?
Bass Pro Shops will “continue celebrating and promoting both the Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s brands as we bring our two great companies together,” the company said in a statement.
» Cabela’s, Bass Pro Shops merger: What’s going on now?
3. What presence does Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops have in the area?
Both Bass Pro and Cabela’s have a big presence in this region. Cabela’s has a 70,000-square-foot store at 5500 Cornerstone North Blvd., in the Cornerstone at Centerville development off exit 7 of Interstate 675 near Wilmington Pike, and a location in West Chester Twp. The stores employ about 130 employees.
Bass Pro Shops has a location in Forest Fair at 300 Cincinnati Mills Drive and has had plans to build one in West Chester Twp.
4. Will existing exclusive brands and products still be available at Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s?
“Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s have strong national proprietary brands in several categories. Our goal is to continue developing and growing our brands to ensure we provide the same exceptional quality, service and value that customers have come to know and trust from Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s exclusive products,” the company said in a statement.
» RELATED: Bass Pro Shops is closer to officially buying Cabela’s
5. Will Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards Mastercard cardholders earn points at Cabela’s locations?
Yes, Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Rewards Mastercard holders will earn 1 percent back on all purchases made at Cabela’s and all locations that accept Mastercard. In addition, card holders will still earn 3 percent or 5 percent back on qualifying purchases at all Bass Pro Shops locations, earning points for free gear and unique experiences. The company will work to connect the existing membership programs.
6. Why did the acquistion take so long?
Bass Pro Shops had to smooth out the sale of Cabela's banking assets before moving forward. Cabela's Inc. has entered into agreements with Synovus Financial Corp. and Capital One Financial Corporation for the sale of Cabela's banking assets and liabilities. Synovus will acquire certain assets and deposits totaling $1.2 billion.
Because Cabela’s is a publicly traded company and there were a number of federal regulations that need to be followed to complete the transaction.
» RELATED: Centerville Cabela's gives away guns on Black Friday
7. What are the customer benefits of uniting these companies?
“This is an opportunity to create a “best of the best” shopping experience for all outdoor enthusiasts worldwide for generations to come. Bringing together these two great companies will advance our impact on the future of conservation like never before while protecting the outdoor heritage we all hold dear. We plan to retain and grow everything customers love about both brands,” the company said in a statement.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Target to raise minimum hourly wage to $15
• Meijer to sell discolored, scarred produce for reduced prices
• Death Wish Coffee Co. recalls product possibly contaminated with deadly toxin
• 10 retailers file for bankruptcy in 2017
• Bob Evans Farms has been sold for $1.5B