Ever wonder how your packages from Amazon are delivered so quickly to your door?
Amazon's intricate network of fulfillment and distribution facilities across the world make it possible for products to be sorted, packed and shipped within minutes. In Ohio, Amazon has launched operations at two different fulfillment centers in Etna and Obetz, and also has Prime Now sites in Columbus and Valley View.
4. Trump’s election win, mass shootings impact Cabela’s retail performance, retailer says
Outdoor retailer Cabela's Inc. has seen another decrease in revenue and sales, and the retailer said the U.S. presidential election results has played a major role in a decline in gun and firearms sales.
5. Wine bar, giveaways, homemade pizza: 5 things to expect at new Kroger
The newest Kroger in the Dayton area will feature everything from a wine tasting bar to a bistro with fresh chicken and hot pizza right out of the oven. The new Kroger marketplace, located at 1161 E. Dayton-Yellow Springs Road in Fairborn, opens today and is a 134,000-square-foot facility — the largest Kroger in the Dayton region, said Mike Gebhart, Fairborn's assistant city manager.
6. WATCH: Amazon’s new shopping concept means never waiting in lines
Amazon is launching a new kind of brick-and-mortar store that means never having to wait in a line again.
The new concept Amazon Go will give consumers "the world's most advanced shopping technology so you never have to wait in line," according to the online retail giant. Some industry experts are calling the concept the future of brick-and-mortar retail.
7. 5 things to know about Dayton’s first At Home store location
At Home will open its first store location in the Dayton area.
At Home, a Texas-based home decor chain retailer, will open its first location in the old Kmart building off of Indian Ripple Road. Beavercreek Planning Commission approved the plans for the retailer to renovate the space at a meeting on Wednesday night.
8. WATCH: This Beavercreek retail space near The Greene is in desperate need of new life, and it’s coming
At Home, a Texas-based home decor chain retailer, will open its first location in the old Kmart building off of Indian Ripple Road, its first location in the Dayton area. The former Kmart building, which has stood there for more than 40 years, has been deteriorating significantly in recent years.
9. Bed, Bath & Beyond and Buy Buy Baby closer to opening in Sugarcreek Twp.
An opening date has been narrowed down for Bed, Bath & Beyond and Buy Buy Baby in Sugarcreek Twp. A spokesman for the development told this news organization that the two retailers will open at 6134 Wilmington Pike in Sugarcreek Twp. in early to mid-October. Sugarcreek Twp. is located within the Greene County limits.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Dunkin' Donuts could be changing its name. Here's why.
• New Dayton area Kroger marketplace opens today
• Whole Foods, Amazon merger: What's next for the two giants?
• Future of local malls? Breweries, Amazon lockers, art galleries
• Centerville Cabela's offering shotgun giveaway for fall season