“Same-stores sales in Ohio during the fourth quarter were positive for our industry, up more than three percent as we experienced mild weather and strong traffic around the holidays,” said John Barker, president and CEO of the Ohio Restaurant Association. “Growth slowed in January, but owners are bullish about the year due to strong consumer confidence and a soaring stock market.”
Restaurant owners who were surveyed said they are optimistic in 2017, and expect a 4 percent increase in same-store sales, compared to the 3 percent increase last year.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Investigation: Workplace deaths don't always lead to hefty fines
• Sargento, Meijer recall several cheese products
• New 'healthy' restaurant to open at The Greene in Beavercreek
• Iconic Oakwood toy store set to close permanently
• 5 retailers coming to Dayton