Sears will close another store in Ohio.
The stores will close in July and liquidation sales will begin on Friday at most stores, Business Insider reported. Sears at 7401 Market St. in Youngstown, Ohio will close. The latest closures add to the list of the 166 stores that Sears had previously said it would shut down this year.
» STORE CLOSINGS: Sears to close 50 auto centers
Sears Holdings, which owns Kmart and Sears stores, informed associates that another 45 Kmart stores and 18 Sears stores will close in late January. Five Kmart locations in Ohio were identified as impacted stores. The impacted Ohio stores are located in St. Mary’s, Cleveland, Oregon, Austintown and Hillsboro.
Sears has several locations in the Miami Valley, including anchor stores at the Dayton Mall and the Mall at Fairfield Commons and the Miami Valley Centre Mall in Piqua. All local Kmart stores have already closed.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• 15 memories, moments at Elder-Beerman that influenced your lives
• Pier 1 Imports to close up to 25 stores
• Elder-Beerman parent company confirms liquidation
• You won't believe the inside of this INCREDIBLE Oakwood house
• No retail apocalypse for these companies: 5 retailers opening stores in 2018
About the Author