Conagra Brands’ Troy plant, which has 750 employees, produce frozen bakery products and Slim Jim meat snacks. The employees have committed to reducing the plant’s footprint in key environmental areas including water usage and food waste. Using updated equipment, the plant has reduced its water consumption by 2 million gallons a year while also managing food waste responsibly.
Conagra has also redirected more than 4,425 tons of scrap dough and other food waste to animal feed or compost. Wood pallets that are not repairable also are composted.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS:
• Carrabba's, Outback, Flemings owner to close 40 locations
• Elsa's owner to demolish Centerville shopping center
• 5 companies making moves in Dayton area
• 2 new upgrades coming to Dorothy Lane Market
• Residential building spurs growth in Miami Valley