Look out, McDonald’s. Taco Bell is getting into the french fry business.
The taco chain restaurant announced its adding Nacho Fries to its menu in restaurants nationwide later this month. The new menu item will be available in restaurants for $1 starting on Jan. 25. The fries feature “bold Mexican seasoning and served with a dippable side of warm nacho cheese.”
» MUST-READ BUSINESS NEWS: Sears Holdings to close 5 more Kmart stores in Ohio this month
Nacho Fries come off the heels of Taco Bell’s shared plans to introduce 20 $1 items on menus nationwide and in test markets this year, on top of 20 mainstay menu items for $1. The fries will also be served Supreme for $2.49 or Bell Grande for $3.49, topped with beloved Taco Bell add-ons, including beef, Pico de Gallo, nacho cheese and sour cream.
Bonus features will include a $5 box with fries, a Doritos Locos Taco, a Cheesy Gordita Crunch and medium drink.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Newborn boy, first of 2018, born at Wright-Patterson Medical Center
• Woman convicted of teen slaying in Dayton released on Christmas Day
• No more waiting? Kroger looking to eliminate checkout lanes
• Currency of the future? Some argue it's bitcoin
• Southwest Airlines adds new flight at local airport