3. Allegiant started flying out of Dayton last April, with stops to Orlando and and St. Peter/Clearwater, Fla. Allegiant Air had 1,472 passengers fly out of the Dayton International Airport in the first month of local operation for the discount airline, according to airport officials.
» RELATED:After Southwest departure, what's next for Dayton airport?
4. Allegiant is one of five major carriers to currently service the Dayton airport. Though Allegiant consistently has the least amount of passenger emplanements each month, it is quickly adding more flights out of the airport. American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines and United Airlines also fly out of the airport.
5. Southwest announced last month that it would pull its services out of the Dayton airport after June 3. Southwest currently operates three daily departures to and from Chicago Midway, but will instead add services at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport.
FIVE FAST READS
• STORES CLOSURES: 9 retailers closing stores nationwide this year
• Low-cost air carrier offers $65 trip to Europe
• Parent company of T.J. Maxx , HomeGoods to open new home store
• Wendy's to add self-ordering kiosks in Ohio stores this year
• Jewelry store to open at Town & Country in Kettering