3. The property is just 15 miles north of downtown Columbus, and will span 354,000 square feet. It will also include 1,100 parking spaces on 33 acres in the Polaris Centers of Commerce development.
4. The building was swiftly erected, and construction workers made steady progress throughout the year. In October, cranes placed the letters to form the words "IKEA" and "Home furnishings" onto the blue, exterior panels of the south side of the building. Crews also initiated the setting of 42 roof-mounted air conditioning units, placed by a helicopter.
5. The company has locations in 48 countries, and has 42 in the U.S. The retailer also has a store located in West Chester Twp., just north of Cincinnati. The West Chester location was the first to open in Ohio in 2008.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Ohio road construction projects to cost $2.3 billion
• Aqua-Tots Swim Schools to open in Beavercreek
• Harry Potter fans will be enchanted by this new local cafe
• Bargain Hunt opens today in Miami Twp.
• Parking area to close at Dayton airport for reconstruction