3. BCBGMAXAZRIA announced it will close 120 stores across the U.S. over the next eight to 10 weeks. The only store impacted in Ohio currently is the outlet store in Monroe. All other BCBG stores will remain open as now. The BCBG location at the Tanger Outlets in Jeffersonville closed in June, according to a spokesman for the outlet mall.
» RELATED CONTENT: TAKE A LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE FOR LOCAL RETAIL IN 2017
4. U.S. President Donald Trump could have an impact on the retail industry. NRF economists said the forecast is baseline, but does not take into account new fiscal measures that could be brought in by the new political administration.
Shoppers walk by the space formerly occupied by The Limited at The Greene Town Center in Beavercreek. KARA DRISCOLL/STAFF
5. Local retail centers are adamant that new stores are entering the Miami Valley. At the Mall at Fairfield Commons, officials told this newspaper that several new stores have either opened or are on their way in the coming months including a restaurant and a chain jewelry store. Though The Greene hasn't announced any new retailers coming to the center, management said they are actively seeking new tenants.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Investigation: Workplace deaths don't always lead to hefty fines
• Sargento, Meijer recall several cheese products
• New 'healthy' restaurant to open at The Greene in Beavercreek
• Iconic Oakwood toy store set to close permanently
• 5 retailers coming to Dayton