The Bon-Ton Stores Inc., the parent company of Elder-Beerman, has launched its "Pink Shops" in stores across the U.S. to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research. Elder-Beerman stores at the Dayton Mall and Northpark Center in Huber Heights are both participating.
3. Local health network offers free educational breast cancer event
The University of Cincinnati Cancer Institute's Breast Cancer Center will host a free educational event for survivors and their families. The "We See Individual Breast Cancers: You See Personalized Care" breast cancer conference will be hosted from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday at the Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center.
4. Local hospitals improve prep for surgery after breast cancer
Miami Valley Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital are now using a new device to prepare patients for reconstructive surgery after breast cancer more quickly, with less pain and discomfort and fewer visits to the doctor.
5. Pink Ribbon Girls leader shares inspirational journey on ‘TODAY’ — and gets a BIG surprise
The Pink Ribbon Girls kicked off National Breast Cancer Awareness month with an appearance on national television. Heather Salazar, the CEO and president of the Pink Ribbon Girls, and her family appeared on the "Megyn Kelly TODAY" program on Oct. 4, to share her inspirational story involving breast cancer and adoption and how she came to help launch the growing organization that works across Ohio to support women fighting cancer.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Robots have invaded Walmart: 5 things you need to know
• Miamisburg company to close facility, lay off 54 workers
• Major changes are happening at local airports: What’s really going on?
• Target to offer free online shipping in November on all orders
• Meijer, Whole Foods issue recalls: 5 things to know about Ohio impact