The Columbus-based Windsor Companies has acquired buildings in the area, known as the Fire Blocks District, bulking up a portfolio that already includes most of the real estate on the 100 block of East Third Street.
The company’s first project is to build out its own offices, which will occupy nearly 2,000 square feet of renovated space of the ground floor of the 124 E. Third St. building.
State incorporation papers link T Wright Investments to investor Todd Wright, and the company is registered to a Galena, Ohio mailing address.
MORE: NLRB attorney calls Fuyao Glass America 'contumacious'
The warehouse just sold was built in 1913 and offers nearly 90,000 square feet of space on five floors.
The building is near the Cannery Lofts Apartments and the Steam Plant, as well as the Fire Blocks development, all found nearby on East Third.
On Aug. 24, the Windsor Company’s offices are slated to be open to the public, giving visitors a chance to see and learn about the district firsthand.
A group called 431 E Third LLC was also to spend $275,000 to buy the buildings at 431, 441 and 443 E. Third St. that were formerly used as KK Motorcycle Supply, a distributor of motorcycle and ATV parts, the newspaper also previously reported.