You can save money at local businesses in many ways.
One of the newest ways to find deals in the area is by purchasing the 2013 Dayton/Springfield Entertainment® Book Membership, which was released in August by membership provider Entertainment Promotions.
Those who purchase this membership, which costs $35, will gain access to more than $50,000 of savings, on dining, shopping, groceries, movie tickets, attractions, events, travel and more, offered in a coupon book, online at www.Entertainment.com and through a mobile application. The coupon book alone includes more than 700 coupons from almost 400 merchants, located in the Dayton, Springfield and Middletown areas.
Examples of deals offered in the coupon book include: 10 percent off any grocery purchase of $100 or more at Kroger; one complimentary adult dinner theater package when a second adult dinner theater package of equal or greater value is purchased at LaComedia Dinner Theatre in Springboro; a free regular classic milk shake with the purchase of a regular class milk shake at Steak ‘n Shake; one complimentary admission to the “Nutcracker” performance when a second admission of equal or greater value is purchased at the Dayton Ballet; a free ticket for a child 12 or under with the purchase of a regularly priced adult ticket to the same Reds game; $10 off any fare worldwide at AmericanAirlines; $15 off a purchase of $75 or more at Gap, GapKids, babyGap and GapBody stores; 15 percent off an online order at Dick’s Sporting Goods; and a free month of storage space rental at Uncle Bob’s Self Storage.
We talked to Jennie O’Leary, director of marketing and communications at Entertainment Promotions, to find out more about the 2013 Dayton/Springfield Entertainment® Book Membership, so you can decide if it’s worth the cost.
Q: Where can people purchase the 2013 Dayton/Springfield Entertainment® Book Membership?
A: “To purchase the Entertainment® Book Membership, consumers can go through www.Entertainment.com, a local school or group fundraiser, a retail partner or by calling 888-231-SAVE (7283). The retail distributors can be found on our website under Affiliates & Resellers. Books are scheduled to be in retail stores beginning in October.”
Q: Are the coupons offered through this membership all for local businesses?
A: “The Dayton edition features merchants in the Dayton, Springfield and Middletown areas. To be specific, they are from the following counties: Darke, Preble, Montgomery, Miami, Shelby, Champaign, Clark and Greene. Merchants include national and regional brands that would cover the majority of these areas, but we also work with independent franchise and businesses owners where coverage may vary. Each coupon indicates the specific locations where each deal can be used. Consumers can search offers and merchants online based on their zip code for details.”
Q: Why would you tell people that this membership is valuable and worth the cost?
A: “Firstly, the 2013 Entertainment Book can quickly pay for itself after using just two or three coupons. Secondly, the books allow people to save a significant amount of money on the things they use every day on dining, grocery, movies, shopping, attractions and more. And now, consumers can get even more savings online at Entertainment.com and with our mobile coupon app. By providing multiple ways to save, consumers are able to access the deals and save money in a way that better fits their lifestyles.”
Q: What tips would you offer people on how to make the most out of this membership?
A: “Consumers can maximize their membership (in) several ways:
- They can download the free Entertainment® Membership Coupon App for iPhone, Android and Blackberry devices. Additionally, mobile coupons are also available via a mobile website that can be (accessed) on any smartphone. Members can search for merchants and offers based on their location, see participating merchants on a map or directory listing, get driving directions, contact a merchant or redeem a coupon with one simple tap.
- By registering their membership on Entertainment.com, consumers can print additional coupons from our website as well as find many exclusive online deals.
- Also on Entertainment.com, members can print Select Savings® Certificates. These certificates allow consumers to save $5 off or more with most requiring no minimum purchase at popular restaurants and entertainment events. To see a list of Select Savings Certificates merchants, see the inside page of the book next to the membership card.
- The Frequent Values® Key Tag and Membership Card can be used in conjunction with the Entertainment mobile app or the directory found online at Entertainment.com to uncover ongoing 10 percent to 20 percent offers that can be used again and again with thousands of participating merchants.”
Q: How does the 2013 membership stand out from past editions?
A: “Entertainment introduced mobile coupons just about 12 months ago, and the 2013 membership features a significant number of merchants and coupons available to use on your smartphone. This allows for consumers to save while on the go — anytime, anywhere and any way.”
Q: Many online sites, such as Groupon.com, now offer a variety of local savings options. Why would you tell people that this membership is more valuable than what they can find on these online sites?
A: “The discounts featured as part of the Entertainment Book Membership are different from online daily deal savings sites because we provide choice on the things you do every day.
- Choose the savings you want, when you want it. With access to all savings instantly and for up to 12 months, consumers can browse and choose the offers they want to use versus waiting for a deal to be emailed to them and available for a short time.
- (It) features everyday savings. Entertainment has a significant amount of savings in categories consumers use again and again — dining, grocery, shopping, movie tickets, attractions, events, travel and more. While you’ll find some of these categories online, Entertainment has a higher concentration of the content consumers want — great names like Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Capitol Cleaners, Roosters (Wings), La Comedia Dinner Theatre, Kroger, Regal Cinemas, Gap, (and) Dick’s Sporting Goods.”
Q: Does this membership benefit local charities or any other organizations?
A: “Yes. Each year, Entertainment Promotions helps over 25,000 fundraisers: schools, community groups, charities and non-profits. Entertainment Promotions has been helping organizations raise over $2.5 billion dollars across North America. There are many local Dayton area charities and schools that participate in Entertainment fundraisers each year.”
Q: What else do you want our local readers to know?
A: “Those who register their 2013 Entertainment® Book Memberships online or through their mobile device, up until Jan. 31, 2013, are automatically entered for a chance to win a tablet. The official rules can be viewed here: www.entertainment.com/promotionrules.”
To learn more about the 2013 Dayton/Springfield Entertainment® Book Membership, go to www.Entertainment.com, or call 888-231-SAVE (7283).
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.