Here are 10 weird laws still in effect in Ohio, according to onlyinyourstate.com:
Ohio Bicentennial logo mural that is on the back of a building at the corner of South Main and East Sixth streets in Franklin was recently retouched. Artist Eric Henn, who originally painted the city’s seven murals, was hired by the city to retouch the murals which had faded or was peeling. During the state’s bicentennial year, Henn was commissioned to paint one of these logos on a barn in each of Ohio’s 88 counties. The logo in Franklin was the 89th that he painted. ED RICHTER/STAFF
1. Women are prohibited from wearing patent leather shoes in public.
2. It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday.
3. It is illegal to get a fish drunk.
4. The Ohio driver’s education manual states that you must honk the horn whenever you pass another car.
5. It is illegal for more than five woman to live in a house.
6. Posting signs at swimming pools is illegal in Akron.
7. It is also illegal in Akron to display colored chickens for sale.
8. It is illegal to walk a cow down Lake Road in Bay Village.
9. The installation and usage of slot machines in outhouses is prohibited in Bexley.
10. If someone loses their pet tiger, they must notify the authorities within one hour.