>> Dayton brewery, open 3 months, already expanding (July 2015)
Hilgeman is humbled by the accomplishment.
“Turning 5 years old is a very special anniversary for me,” the brewery founder said.
“When I started the brewery, a lot of people didn’t know if breweries in Dayton would work, and I’m sure more than a few didn’t think Dayton Beer Co. would make it this far. From a one-man show to now having 20-plus employees, I want to thank the people of Dayton from the bottom of my heart for all of their support over the years, and especially my family who have been there for me every step of the way.
>> Here's how to walk the Dayton Beer Trail
“It’s been a long, hard, stressful, demanding, and most importantly fun ride, but I’ll tell you this is just the beginning and we aren’t stopping anytime soon!”
>> Dayton’s Craft Beer: A Guide to Breweries
Here’s the list of special bottled beer releases scheduled for the party:
• Midnight Dream Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout, in “bombers” (22-ounce bottles);
• Beast of Tadmor Barrel Aged Doppelbock, in bombers;
• Java Man Cometh Barrel Aged, in 4-packs of 12-ounce cans; and
• Mad Wolf Double Dry Hopped Pale Ale, in 4-packs of 12-ounce cans.
12 must-try Dayton signature beers
And here are the special beers on draft that will be tapped during the anniversary party:
• Midnight Dream Barrel Aged 2017
• Beast of Tadmor Barrel Aged 2017
• Java Man Barrel Aged 2016
• American Strong Barrel Aged 2016
• English Strong Barrel Aged 2016
• Mad Wolf Double Dry Hopped Pale Ale
9 beer-tastic stops in Dayton’s New Beer Epicenter
Live bands scheduled to perform on DBC’s outdoor stage include:
• Nothing but Treble, 3-5 p.m.
• Random Flashbacks, 6-8 p.m.
• Blind Karma, 9-11 p.m.
Dayton Beer Company opened in 2012 as a microbrewery and tasting room at 912 E. Dorothy Lane in Kettering before launching its much larger production brewery and tap room in downtown Dayton in April 2015. The Kettering tasting room remains open.