If you’re planning to head to the Dayton Celtic Festival this weekend, here are a few things to know before you go.
Several downtown roads will be temporarily closed from Thursday, July 25, through early Monday, July 29, to accommodate the Dayton Celtic Festival (July 26-28).
The festival is held at RiverScape MetroPark and nearby areas.
The following are the scheduled street closures, provided by Five Rivers MetroParks:
Beginning 9 a.m. July 25 (until 2 a.m. July 29):
• Patterson Boulevard from First Street to Monument Avenue
Beginning noon July 25 (until 2 a.m. July 29):
• Monument Avenue from Jefferson Street to Patterson Boulevard
• Jefferson Street from the alley behind Memorial Hall (about mid-block between Monument and First) to Monument Avenue.
• St. Clair Street from First Street to Monument Avenue (South section remains open through Friday at 5 p.m. to maintain acces to businesses in this area)
• Southbound Riverside Drive from White Allen to Monument Avenue
• Harries Street from the parking garage to Monument Avenue
Beginning 1 p.m. July 26 (until 2 a.m. July 29):
• Northbound Riverside Drive at the intersection of Monument Avenue and Patterson Boulevard
Free Celtic Festival Shuttle and Parking
The Dayton Celtic Festival has partnered with the Greater Dayton RTA to provide complimentary shuttles between the festival site at RiverScape MetroPark and two parking garages — the Oregon District Garage at 101 E. Fifth St., and the Reibold Garage at 117 S. Main St. (enter from Fifth Street)
The shuttle will be free, but parking fees will apply at the garages.
Parking also will be available for $3 in the Main Street Garage at Main and Monument streets.
More info: Website
WANT TO GO?
What: United Irish of Dayton presents Dayton Celtic Festival with Gaelic Storm, Scythian, Socks in the Frying Pan, the Fitzgeralds, Rory Makem and others
Where: RiverScape MetroPark, 111 E. Monument Ave., Dayton
When: 5:30 to 11 p.m. Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, July 26 through 28
More info: 937-372-9788 | www.daytoncelticfestival.com
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.