With fall and winter quickly approaching, it’s nice to sit around the fire. However, buying a box of fire starter logs can cost an arm and a leg. With this week’s project, you will never have to buy a box of logs again.
This week’s DIY under $10 project is simple, easy and will not cost you a dime. Plus, you can help the earth by recycling what would be trash and turn it into something useful.
You will need
Items I already had around the house:
• Toilet paper rolls
• Lint from your dryer
1. Use an empty toilet paper roll and fill the inside with the lint from your dryer.
2. Pack the lint, but not too firmly into the entire roll.
3. Place the filled toilet paper roll into your fire and light the ends with your lighter.
4. Let this burn a few minutes before you add your logs on top.
The tighter you pack your lint into the roll the slower it will burn. However, if you stuff it too tight, the roll will just smolder and not burn. To get a better burn, use two rolls for your fire.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.