Prep: 5 minutes
Bake: 22 minutes
You can substitute 2 cups self-rising flour for the flour, baking powder and salt. I prefer this method.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups plain fat-free Greek yogurt
1. Mash: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Scrape in yogurt. Using a soft spatula, mash until dough comes together, about 30 seconds.
2. Knead: Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead smooth, a few seconds.
3. Shape: Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. With lightly floured hands, roll each into a ball. Pat each into a puck about 3 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
4. Bake: Set pucks on a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving a little room in between. Bake at 400 degrees, 10 minutes. Flip each muffin over, and bake until golden brown and hollow-sounding when thumped, another 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Munch: Let cool a bit. Using the tines of a fork, split a muffin. Prize open; slather each craggy face with butter and jam. Enjoy.
6. Store: Slip cooled leftover muffins into a plastic bag, seal and store in the fridge. Reheat at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, or toast lightly.