Bond set at $1 million for man charged in deadly shooting last week in Dayton

ajc.com

Bond was set at $1 million for a man facing murder charges in a shooting last week in Dayton.

Damarez D. Jones, 27, of Dayton, is facing two counts each of murder, felonious assault tampering with evidence and having weapons while under disability and one count of discharge of a firearm, according to Dayton Municipal Court records.

His bond was set at $1 million Wednesday. If he makes bond he’ll be on the electronic home detention program, according to court records.

Jones is accused of shooting and killing 42-year-old Paul Body on July 8.

Damarez Jones. Photo courtesy Miami Valley Jails.

icon to expand image

Shortly before 11:30 p.m., Dayton police responded to a report of a person shot in the first block of Ernst Avenue near North Main Street.

“Upon arrival officers located the victim, a 42-year-old male, who succumbed to his injuries,” Dayton police Lt. Eric Sheldon said.

The man was later identified as Body.

SWAT and Hostage Negotiation Team members were called after investigators determined a suspect could be in a house in the 2400 block of North Main Street.

Crews cleared the home and determined the suspect was not inside, Sheldon said.

Jones was arrested early Wednesday morning, according to jail booking records.

About the Author