In addition to clothing, diapers, including disposable for both children and adults, will be exempt of taxes during the weekend. In addition, baby receiving blankets will also be free of sales and use tax this weekend.
Also included as clothing is wedding apparel including formal wear, formal shoes, coats, hosiery and garters.
3. Bargain Hunters
Clothes and school supplies aren’t limited to just students. Anyone looking to purchase qualifying clothing items of any size, both child and adult, can get them tax-free.
All Ohio stores that offer merchandise that qualifies will participate in the holiday, including big-box stores, shops at local malls and independent businesses.
In addition to the school supplies and clothing, president and CEO of the Ohio Council of Retail Merchants Gordon Gough said stores often offer extra sales on other items during the weekend.
FIVE FAST READS
• Back-to-school sales starting early as first day approaches
• New doughnut shop, gym coming to Beavercreek
• Opening date set for new discount grocery store in Kettering
• Turkish, Russian grocery store to open in Huber Heights
• Dayton area continues with hot market for home sellers