Not only did Miami University fire a nationally recognized hockey coach Tuesday, the Butler County school also let go one of the school’s top paid officials.
According to this news organization’s ongoing Payroll Project database of public salaries, men’s hockey coach Enrico Blasi was the fifth highest paid Miami employee in 2017.
Blasi, who had coached for 20 years at his alum mater, earned $366,768 in 2017.
Blasi had twice taken Miami’s hockey squad to the national Frozen Four and to the championship match in 2009 in Washington, D.C., when Miami lost a two-goal lead to Boston University in the final minute of regulation and fell in overtime.
Here are Miami’s top 10 paid officials, as of 2017:
1. Miami University President Gregory Crawford - $586,425.
2. University Football Coach Charles Martin - $533,785.
3. Interim Dean and Professor of the Farmer School of Business Marc Rubin - $385,850.
4. Senior Vice President of Finance and Business Services David Creamer - $373,890.
5. Men’s Hockey Coach Enrico Blasi - $366,768.
6. Lindmor Professor of Finance Thomas Boulton - $361,110.
7. Provost & Executive Vice President of Academic Affairs Phyllis Callahan - $357,615.
8. Senior Vice President for University Advancement Thomas Herbert - $353,699.
9. Deloitte & Touche Professor Accountancy Dan Heitger - $351,064.
10. Associate Professor of Finance David Shrider - $319,287.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.