Cyclists proceed south from the starting line on Skeel Avenue and turn right onto Hebble Creek Road, riding past Huffman Prairie where the Wright brothers learned to fly.
Riders turn right around Twin Lakes, then follow Riverview Road along the wooded back side of the Area A flightline. They pass Bass Lake, following Mitchell Drive and Douglass Road past the water tower, then complete their 10-mile circuit at the finish line on Skeel before reaching the Wright Avenue intersection. Riders can then coast back to where they started.
Blue Streak riders are released at 30-second intervals, starting at 6 p.m.
• All participants must register online by 10 p.m. six days prior to event day (even if you have base access).
• There will be no on-site registration offered.
• Participants must enter the base through Gate 12A, which is located off Route 444.
• Please observe social-distancing guidelines and do not gather in groups on event day.
• Masks are recommended but not required at check-in.
• Riders are encouraged to arrive earlier to prepare their bikes and to get their numbers.
• Helmets are required.
Many base people, military and civilian, participate in Blue Streak, with overall participation exceeding 100 riders in good weather.