Bellbrook teen accused of rape at New Year’s Eve party takes plea deal

A Bellbrook teenager initially charged with two counts of rape stemming from allegations he sexually assaulted two juvenile females at a New Year’s Eve party has pleaded guilty to a lesser charge, according to the Greene County Prosecutor’s Office.

>> Bellbrook teen charged with 2 counts of rape in party case

The 16-year-old had been scheduled for trial this week. The plea deal was accepted last week.

He admitted to one count of felony attempted gross sexual imposition and will be sentenced in November, the prosecutor’s office said.

Explore>>Live Doppler 7 Radar

According to the report on file with the Bellbrook Police Department, the teenager was among as many as 15 juveniles at a party in the basement of a home in Bellbrook the night of Dec. 31, 2017.

Alcohol was at the party, but the host parents became aware of the alcohol being present and locked the alcohol away about 9 p.m., according to the police report.

According to the official complaint on file with the juvenile court, there were two female juveniles who were victims in two separate incidents. The victims reported separately that they each awoke early the morning of New Year’s Day at the home and the suspect was on top of her, kissing her and having vaginal intercourse with her, according to the police report.

>> 5 things to know about Bellbrook rape case

Nicole Burke, chief of the juvenile division of the Greene County Prosecutor’s Office, had previously said because it is a juvenile case, if the suspect is convicted, the judge has a wide range of sentences that could be imposed, ranging from probation to detention with the Ohio Department of Youth Services.

About the Author