“As a Catholic school sponsored by the Marianists and Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, our primary objective for this facility was to invest in a place that would expand growth and leadership opportunities for young people from every corner of the region,” stated Dan Meixner, CJ president. “Ever since we developed what is now Blue Green Field in 2008, many of our community members have imagined a stadium in its place. Because of tremendous support, it is exciting to now make that dream a reality. This is something special.”
Roger Glass, ’60 attended Chaminade High School from 1956-60, played trumpet in the marching band and was a four-year member of the speech and debate club. After graduation, he earned an undergraduate degree from the University of Dayton. He began his career as a teacher in Catholic elementary schools, then joined the family business, Marion’s Piazza, founded by his father Marion in 1965. Glass continues to own and operate Marion’s, which now has nine area locations, recognized by national trade publications, and regularly voted as a hometown favorite in local publications and surveys.