Three cats died and one was rescued from a house fire on Notre Dame Avenue Monday afternoon

1 cat rescued, 3 other cats perish in Dayton house fire

The resident was able to get out of the small apartment and was not injured. Dayton fire crews tell News Center 7 the fire started on the stove. The fire official in charge of the run estimated the damage to the apartment and its contents at $1,000.

Crews were dispatched about 5:50 p.m. on the report of a working structure fire.

Stay with whio.com for breaking news. 

If you have a news tip, call the News Center 7 24-hour line at 937-259-2237 or send it to newsdesk@cmgohio.com

Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.

X