The Dayton police officers who engaged a shooter in the Oregon District early Sunday morning have been identified.
Video above shows the officers stop the suspect moments before he would have entered Ned Peppers Bar.
The six officers are:
- Sgt. William C. Knight, sworn in Feb. 14, 1997
- Officer Brian Rolfes, sworn in April 8, 2016
- Officer Jeremy Campbell, sworn in Aug. 5, 2016
- Officer Vincent Carter, sworn in April 8, 2016
- Officer Ryan Nabel, sworn in April 8, 2016
- Officer David Denlinger, sworn in April 8, 2016
It is not known which officer shot and killed the suspected shooter, Connor Betts, 24 of Bellbrook.
All the officers are on administrative leave, which is protocol for officer-involved shootings.
Nine people were killed during the incident and 27 were injured.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.