Candle sparks Xenia house fire

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

Combined ShapeCaption
Xenia fire crews have cleared the scene of a small house fire in the 1600 block of Maumee Drive.

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

Fire crews have cleared the scene of a small house fire in the 1600 block of Maumee Drive in Xenia.

Firefighters at the scene told our first responder that this was a small fire started by a candle in the bedroom, and that the fire had even been put out before crews arrived.

>> ‘I’m scared to death,’ Xenia homeowner says after deer jumps through his window

One person was taken to the hospital, firefighters said, but this was due to reasons not related to the fire.

About the Author