Here are ways you can help during the coronavirus pandemic:
CORONAVIRUS: Complete coverage from the Dayton Daily News
- St. Vincent de Paul is in need of twin sheets, bath towels and washcloths. They can be donated to St. Vincent at 120 W. Apple St. Or you can purchase through Amazon and ship items to 120 W. Apple St., Dayton, Ohio 45402. The donation center is open 24 hours every day. St. Vincent is also in need of monetary donations. Donations can be made online through St. Vincent's website, stvincentdayton.org/covid-19/ . Donations can also be mailed to St. Vincent Administration at the Apple Street address. If you wish to volunteer with St. Vincent, they ask that all volunteers be healthy and not members of a higher-risk group for coronavirus. To volunteer, call 937-222-5555, ext. 103.
- Dayton Children's is sending cards to kids because visitors are limited due to the coronavirus. To send a rainbow card to a child being treated at Dayton Children's, visit their website, childrensdayton.org.
- BrookHaven Retirement Community is accepting homemade fabric masks. BrookHaven Retirement Community is located at 1 Country Lane in Brookville. "We are accepting donations of fabric face masks to help fill the gap of the nation's shortage of protective gear. All hand-sewn masks will be properly laundered and prepared for use," said a Facebook post from the retirement community. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 419-999-2010 to arrange delivery of the masks.
MORE: Coronavirus: Does your workplace make you feel unsafe? Take survey.
- The Foodbank will be open from 10 a.m. to noon April 2 and April 3. The Foodbank is currently doing a drive-through only pantry at 56 Armor Place in Dayton. The organization is also not accepting food donations from the public for the time being, but is seeking cash donations. Monetary donations can be made at the Food Bank's website, thefoodbankdayton.org.
- Premier Health is accepting donations of supplies and equipment, food and financial support. Premier is in biggest need of surgical gowns, face masks, gloves, respirators, isolation gowns, thermometers, foot coverings and ventilator tubing. Contact email@example.com to offer supplies and other assistance. If you wish to donate food to health-care workers, please email your company name, contact name and availability date to firstname.lastname@example.org. Premier asks that donations are not dropped off directly at hospital entrances, emergency departments or physician office locations. They will accept pre-packaged foods that are easy to eat on the go. The health network is not able to accept donations of homemade food. You can donate to Premier Health via their website, www.premierhealth.com.
In Other News
Highs winds knock out power for 22,000 customers in the region
Police tell large UD campus-area crowd to disperse; arrests made
Leo Auto Sales holds grand opening celebration in Huber Heights
Man dies in Englewood shooting investigated as self-defense
County auditor: Deadline to file a property value appeal is Friday
About the Author